There were a lot of photos that I thought should be winners but the one that stood out the most for me is Len Green by David Sandison.
In the artist’s statement he mentions that Len (the model) was an angry man most of the time but didn’t mind him taking the photo. I believe that the photographer David Sandison really captured Len’s personality; he really comes across as an angry and sad man. I don’t believe this shot was over thought and that’s why it works so well.
In the artist’s statement he mentions that Len (the model) was an angry man most of the time but didn’t mind him taking the photo. I believe that the photographer David Sandison really captured Len’s personality; he really comes across as an angry and sad man. I don’t believe this shot was over thought and that’s why it works so well.
Len Green- David Sandison
There were also a few photos that I didn’t like but the one that I think shouldn’t have made it to the final is The painter by Jozef Vissel.
I find it too busy – the eye doesn’t know where to look. It looks as though it hasn’t been set out correctly and that it was just a five minute job. I think the woman sitting with the gun looks a bit ridiculous – although the photographer’s chosen quote does go with the photograph and shows that there was some thought put into this image; the photograph itself would have been more of a final selection if it was less busy and better composed.

The painter- Jozef Vissel
Images from http://www.npg.gov.au/
No comments:
Post a Comment